Grasshopper Solar goes greener in celebration of the World Environment Day
Grasshopper Solar will be participating in celebrating the World Environment Day! The World Environment Day (WED) celebration started in 1972. The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has used it as one of the main vehicles to raise the global awareness of the environmental issues. People around the word are encouraged to post their own activities to celebrate the WED on the UNEP’s website. The celebration activities take place all year round and reach its peak on the World Environment Day, June 5th.
As a proud renewable energy company, the Grasshopper Team has been already taking actions to reduce our carbon footprint such as recycling, collecting food waste separately, carpooling, trying to avoid unnecessary printing, using washable kitchenware and eco-friendly cleaning products, etc. In celebrating the World Environment Day, Grasshopper Team will take further actions to make our office greener from re-addressing ten action items. Until June 5th, weekly audits will take place to monitor how well the action items have been implemented in the office.
10 Action Items:
- Please be mindful when you print.
- Please recycle your garbage.
- Please turn off your computer when you go home
- Please lower the brightness of your computer screen.
- Please turn off lights when the space is not used.
- Please bring your lunch as often as possible.
- Please bring your own mug to coffee shops.
- We will keep our office temperature between 24 and 25°C during the summer months.
- We will use green cleaning products in the office.
- Please precycle your office supplies.
For more information about the World Environment Day, visit http://www.unep.org/wed/about/